Saturday, April 25, 2009

America, Turn It Off

How can you know fact from fiction? Sometimes its easy because you know the truth. You have experienced the real thing. You saw it with your own eyes, felt it with your own hands, smelled it with your own nose(Carrrrool), or talked directly to the source. But too often we depend on what someone else tells us. And too often that is a variation of the truth or just an out and out lie.
It is really sad that we cant trust the people responsible for governing our country. We cant trust the people reporting the news. We cant trust people running the banks, corporations, non-profit organizations and on and on and on and on. They exaggerate, add to, hold back, mislead, and lie to further their agendas. They tell little white lies to protect their jobs, investments, or political parties. There are things that we don't need to know, but don't lie to me to conceal the truth or protect me from the truth or to further your interests. If you don't have a truth to tell, you got NOTHING of interest to me.
Once upon a time we could depend on most reporters of the news to tell us the truth I think. Today most will not. I'm not sure if they deliberately lie or if they just don't take the time to learn the truth. Maybe the truth is just not news worthy. Its not exciting, dynamic, attention getting. It doesn't agree with the popular opinion. It doesn't make them MONEY.

As for me, I'm going to turn them off.

So if you know the truth and think I should know, email, call, visit, fax, or send it by pony express.

1 comment:

Jocelyne said...

It is disheartening to want to know the truth and not be able to find it. It's so hard to form an opinion and try to debate that opinion when you can't trust the facts you are being given. You are right about why people lie and sometimes they do it because they think it will please you more than the truth. I guess it IS our responsibility to not believe..whether it be a friend or an authority figure. That is such a sad statement..but as the saying goes..."fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!"