Sunday, April 26, 2009

Balance

I'm telling on myself and that sometimes is a little painful but maybe helpful to understand. I don't recognize what I do as necessarily bad. It is what I do. Who I am. I'm not sure what it is called but maybe I will name it by the end of the post or maybe some Psychiatrist who reads this can leave a comment telling me the name. They may also tell me that it is really bad and leads to even worse behavior. Do I have your undivided attention yet?

What I do is go overboard. When I get interested in something I get very interested. Its almost hard to think of any thing else. I spend a lot of time thinking about the interest, researching the interest, shopping for the interest, and practicing the interest. I stay up late at night sometimes searching for whatever it takes to scratch the itch. I may even sneak a peak during work although its pretty hard between the phone and walk-ins. If it requires and item (which it usually does) it has to be just right. It has to look right and feel right. Feel right to me. Not necessarily physically right although that is required usually, but feel right emotionally and mentally.

Some of the things I recognize this behavior in are as follows;
Western Hat
Hunting dogs
A boat that morphed into a Motorcycle
exercising
exercise equipment
Shotguns
Golf
Golf equipment
Cigars
Remodeling and decorating my apartment
Numerous work related interests
etc,etc,etc.

My latest interest is handguns. I have a burning desire for the perfect 45 automatic and the expert operation of same. Its been going on for about three weeks. It started with a little interest and has now turned into "My Current Quest". I wonder how long this will last.

Problems I am encountering are finding the right one refereed to above, a lot of out of stock and back ordered prospects, a very short supply of ammunition, a place to practice, time to practice and a touch of guilt over the realization of just what I'm posting about.

I think the problem is balance or short attention span or maybe I have just never found that one thing I can get good enough at to stick with.

FACT OR FICTION....Did Nancy Pelosi learn about the interrogation methods during the briefing session she attended? She says she did not. Others say she knew and was concerned if they were doing enough.

1 comment:

Mamaw 28 said...

Balance is something that we all need in our lives in every area. I believe that when you get to the point of recognizing that you need balance, your half way home but the work has just begun!!! "When He brings you to it, He will carry you through it."