Sunday, June 21, 2009

DAD II


I posted about Dad in February 2007. He had been diagnosed with Lung Cancer and his Dr.'s were not too encouraging. He recieved chemotherapy which made his hair very thin and he lost a lot of weight. He now takes a pill which was originally hard for him to adjust to. It caused a lot of nausea and other complications. He worried that he couldn't take it, thinking it would give him protection from the cancer returning. After awhile he learned how to eat on the days he took the pill and he has done very well sence.


He has gained his weight back plus a little excess. He drives his truck, working about as much as he wants and needs to. The tests the Dr. runs have all shown his lungs and the rest of his body free from cancer. We all kind of hold our breaths when it is time to test but so far the results couldn't be better.


He and I went to two Texas Rangers games about a month ago. We had really good seats three rows up from the opponents (Seatle) dugout, we both had a great time.


I love you Dad and Im glad you are doing so well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day! I love you! I had a nice time at the house and I am pretty sure you make the best burgers ever!

Whit

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Happy Fathers day Bo. You know you resemble your dad...ALOT!

Bocephus said...

Glenda,
I realize that every morning when I shave. I wonder what my dad is doing in my mirror. Im really glad hes a handsome old guy. Wish he was rich too.