Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dig In and do something.

By the end of the year our Country will have the biggest deficit in history. The Government will be involved in major Company's in ways it has never been in history. It appears we may be trying to provide more entitlements than we have in the history of our Country. We are moving away from Old Allies and making moves toward relations with other Countries who appear to only want our destruction and the destruction of other democratic peoples. Our unemployment is approaching 10% and where I sit in agriculture the recession is deepening and demand for our product continues to slip. We have Feeding businesses closing and many more doing only half as much as a year ago. Feedlots must remain well above half capacity to break-even so it is speculated that many more will be in trouble and closing after this turn of cattle. I hear smart people saying that the stock market will take another major drop within the year. I'm pretty concerned and I guess my concern shows up in my blog.

I don't hate Obama, Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic controlled House and Senate, Homosexuals or even the other activist groups, but I'm very concerned that their agendas are going to take our Great Country to places we may not get back from in my life time or may be ever. I know the economy is not the fault of the current administration but I believe there are better ways to try to fix it.

General Motors did a poor job managing their business. The unions helped make them uncompetitive. Businesses that fail to manage their business need to fail. Other businesses see their mistakes, see the consequences of those mistakes and they learn from them. They make the necessary changes to be successful and all benefit. I predict GM will never recover to the degree they can contribute to the automobile industry or the Country. They should have failed and allowed the process to work.

We truly need to get back to sound principles, morals and ethics. Too many times now decisions are based on self serving ideas. The two parties that govern our country are more worried about their popularity, or what they can get individually rather than doing what is best for the United States. This really frustrates and I guess, makes me angry.

There is much to learn about what is going on. I'm not sure what we can do and I'm not sure what we should do. I know one thing though. We must do something. We must learn what is going on, form an opinion of what is right and wrong and react to it. We have set too long letting the other person do what needs doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why on earth would you hate honosexuals? Many are every bit as conservative and god fearing as you are.