Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Ghost Rider"

I wonder what the critics are saying about this movie. I seldom go to movies any more and rarely here the reviews. I'm sure this one gets pretty good marks for the special effects. Content is so so. There really wasn't much sex,if any at all. The violence was kind of tame. All and all it was kind of boring. Cage is not a good actor in my opinion. I ask myself what he has that I didn't use to have. Must be who you know, or something like that.

The movie gives the devil a lot of publicity. He tricks Johnny Blaze (A.K.A Nicholas Cage) into selling his soul for a really quite admirable reason, curing his Dad's cancer. After the devil cures the dad he kills him. (Seems like these are things God does rather than the devil). Johnny is then relegated to a life of chasing fame and fortune with help from the devil. Oh by the way he had to ditch his girl to kind of protect her from his devil calling. More good deeds done while in the devils service.

Johnny occasionally wonders if he might have a second chance. He is ever on the watch for a SIGN. One shows up in the person of his old ex-girlfriend and things really begin to heat up. Know what I mean? You do if you saw the movie.

The devils son shows up on the scene along with some "Fallen Angels". I remember the fallen angels but I need to read the Bible again because I missed the part about the devils son. Any way the son was going to kick the hell out of his dad, no I mean kick the devil out of Hell and kind of take over. ( I wonder which book that is in? Maybe in one of those books in the Catholic or the Mormon bibles). The devil calls in Johnny and he turns into the "Ghost Rider". That is the part of the special effects that kind of wakes you up, especially if the theater has the volume turned up real loud. As you might guess, after much whaling and gnashing of teeth, Johnny wins and defeats the devils son and the three fallen angels. The devil offers Johnny "Mercy and Grace" and is going to tear up the contract on his soul. Guess what Johnny does? He refuses the devils offer and from that day forward vowes to take on EVIL and the devil all on his own.

HMMM, I wonder if there will be a sequel?

While driving home from the movie and about the time my ears began to stop ringing it struck me that this was really pretty close to main stream religion today. The devil gets more publicity and "Air Time" than the Lord. It is the enemy this and the enemy that. You will sometimes hear "Jesus said" which sort of leads into the current event the church leader is more comfortable talking about. Jesus kind of takes the supporting role. Kind of like in this movie.

The enemy has the power unless the church goer can take it away from him. That's what Johnny was successful in doing I guess. There are a lot of ways to do that. Or so it seems to be taught by main stream religion. Prayer shawls, blankets or patches are effective if the proper procedures are followed. Saying "In the name of Jesus" about a hundred times may get results. Being positive, having a grin on your face from ear to ear is good. Being a member of a mega church seems to help. Listening to sermons about marriage, stewardship, raising children, work, work, work, do, do, do, and more work will absolutely get you ready to face the enemy. Walking to Emmaus or working a prison walk is good exercise. If your still not ready though you get a second chance.

Old Johnny got his second chance. He beat the devil. He won his soul. He won grace. He is out there whipping the tar out of the devil. That's like choosing the Lord, making Jesus your saviour, getting saved, asking the Lord into your heart and so on. Man has his part to do. His will to exercise. When man is ready he can choose to be saved. Give him a little control over his destiny. He is after all, more than Gods robot. He ate the forbidden fruit which made him Gods equal.

IN HIS DREAMS!!!!

I'm so very glad I don't need a second chance. I much prefer the bible that teaches "All who were ordained to believe, believed". and "All who the Father gives me will come to me and I will in no wise cast them out". God got it right the first time.

NO SECOND CHANCES REQUIRED!!!!

No comments: