Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dad

I never recall a time when my Dad has been so down, so long. There may have been ocassions when I was younger and he was dealing with some things but I didnt recognize it. In the past 35 years or so I just don't think there has been such a time.

He normally has a can do attitude and is willing and confident about taking on just about anything. (Often that confidence displayed itself in encouraging us, his children, to tackle just about anything. Cost me some skin and a good bit of sweat at times but I am glad for the little push he provided).

He keeps saying, "the worst thing is just not knowing". I heard him say that 4 or 5 times yesterday, to 3 or 4 different people. I hope we will find out conclusivly today for him. I am probably more content to just sit around not knowing for sure. (We are so selfish).

For him it will give him something to fight and some direction. We all need that to get going.

2 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Love you Bo. I'm praying for your Daddy and your family.
Gendy

Mamaw 28 said...

Bo,
We sure miss your writing. You are very good and enjoyable to read.