Saturday, May 02, 2009

Moody

I recognize that my mood swings from time to time. I'm not sure what causes the swings but probably a combination of physical, emotional, or external factors. Jocelyne and I have discussed at times how exercise positively effects our emotional feelings. I know things at work effect me and sometimes not bringing work home is just not and option. Especially with cell phones and computers.

Do you suppose animals have Moods? I think I am recognizing a mood in my little dog Lilly. Maybe mood is not the right terminology. She goes through phases. She can be very obedient, pleasant, and trustworthy but then that changes and she acts differently. She becomes more aggressive, gets into things, wets the floor etc.

This week she was a mess. Wednesday I was getting ready to go to bed. Prior to that I had been on the computer and the whole time she had wanted in my lap. I had the computer in my lap so there wasn't any room. She had made several attempts and finally stayed on the foot stool, with her feet on my legs, looking over and around the computer screen. About the time I was ready to get on the bed Lilly jumped up. I saw her hair coat needed brushing so I grabbed the brush off the headboard and began to brush. Guess what she did. She peed on my bed!
It got the comforter, both sheets and the mattress protector. I scolded her and put her outside as I changed and put the covers in the wash. Luckily I had other sheets but not another comforter. I found a moving blanket in the closet and used it to cover the half I slept on.

I let her back in but would not allow her on the bed. She slept in her crate. I could tell she was out of sorts the next morning but she tended to business as I left for work so assumed all was well. I had a lunch meeting so didn't go to the the apartment at noon. I stayed late that day and didn't get in until after dark. I thought she acted funny when I got there and sure enough right in front of the doggy door there was a huge pee spot. She must have held it all day to pee that much. I disciplined her ( although the people in the know would say it was too late) and made her stay outside all night. I put her crate out for her to sleep in. The temp was warm enough but not as comfortable as inside. It was damp and a little condensate had dripped on her crate blanket. When I opened the door she was standing outside the crate looking miserable.
I moved everything in and let her stay inside for the day. When I picked her up to come to Amarillo Friday evening all appeared well other than she had moved the wet blanket out of the crate. I was still a little put out with her and made her stay in the other seat all the way home.
I got a sandwich at Fritch and would usually share a little with her but because I wasn't liking her very much still I didn't. When we got home the rule is that she must take care of her biz before coming in the house. She would not go so she had to stay in the laundry room.

This morning when we got up guess what? She had peed in the laundry room. She knows better. I think she is punishing me.

FACT or FICTION:
Arlen Spector says he is switching because the republican party no longer matches up with his ideas and convictions. Is that the reason or is it because he is making deals to remain electable.
At 79 he should go HOME.

No comments: