Monday, May 25, 2009

Im not as good as I once was.

But I'm as good, once, as I ever was.

The problem is time. If it's something that takes a good bit of time I run out of gas. I have roofed several houses over the last 20 years and it is usually hot work, hard on your back work, hard on your feet work, and hard on your hands work. In the past I have just put my mind to it and accepted the hard part and got er done. But this past week I roofed one of our rent houses and man it worked on me. It seems like the heat, constant bending, constant standing on an angle was about too much.

I really appreciate the help from Whitney, Clay, and Mason. Clay and I got it started last week-end. We worked on it one afternoon last week and then Mason, Whitney and I finished it. Clay made it over for the last hour.

I used to be the one that hated to take breaks. I wanted to keep working and get finished. Today, I took breaks and Mason was the one that kept working in order to get finished. Way to go Mason.

Im trying to fight off getting old but more and more the reality of 58 years is beating back my effort.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I think you're better than you ever were! I don't know about roofing, but as far as husbanding goes, you're doing great.

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I feel your pain Bo...