Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sun City

I was fortunate enough to get to spend Wednesday thru Saturday last week in Phoenix.
The weather was great as you might expect this time of year. I wish I had the time and money to have played golf but not so. Lots of golf clubs at the airports though.

Before leaving I was worried I had lost my old leather jacket. I had looked in Amarillo and thought it might be in Gruver. Before coming home Tuesday I looked in Gruver but didn't find it. I was a little upset because I really liked that jacket. It was one Carol had worn a lot on the motorcycles and was developing a kind of worn look that I really liked. Before I left Wednesday I found it in Amarillo and decided to wear it to Phoenix. Well I will be darned if I didn't leave it in a cab in Phoenix and couldn't get anyone to admit finding it. I think I must have had a premonition.

I had a good time at the NCBA convention attending committee and board meetings and visiting with customers and suppliers. I ate at Morton's steak house 3 times. It was really good. George Bush Sr. was eating there the second time we went there. We sat next to the Secret Service guys.

I helped Carol this evening work on some employee documents at her office. Even though I did a very good Job She said she couldn't pay me. Maybe we can trade something for my labor.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Maybe so. .....You never know.

Mamaw 28 said...

Glad you had a good week in Arizona and glad to see you back in the BLOG!! Better be careful about those barter deals!!!!!

I'm sorry you lost your jacket.

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I was waiting with bated breath for your yearly post, you suprised me and wrote it early!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

beg pardon your bi-yearly post...By the way, how is your dad?