Saturday, February 11, 2006

Slow down, men at work.

In the future things will be happening so fast that you will have to see tomorrow what you did yesterday. Does that make sense? We all have so much going on in work, personal affairs and leisure time that life is just a blur. It seems there is no way to slow down either. We are all the same Im sure. We have to work to earn a living be that running a feedlot or running a home. On the side we have to fix a crack in the wall or get the tax return in the mail. Leisure time? Define that. That should be sitting on a balcony with a cool drink and a good book. (Or something like that) I sometimes mistake rest for sitting in my TV room flipping and occasionally napping. I think I do that as a way of rebelling against the alternative but I really don't get any true satisfaction from it. Is there a balance? I have read the self help books and have heard the opinions of others. No change. Iv been doing this sense getting into my twenties and Im now in my fifties. What drives us to cram 29 hrs. into 24? It is internal with me I know. Probably pride related and certainly self driven. Well enough of this I don't have time to belabor it any more. Maybe I will come back to it later.

I met a nice guy Thursday evening. We met for Dinner in Amarillo and discussed his coming to work for HCF. He has good experience with a company that is very successful in the cattle industry. Seems to have the skills we are looking for and I think he would be an asset to our team. One draw back however, he can't come for about 3 months. We need someone sooner but maybe we just need to be patient.

I talked to Jocelyne briefly last nite on the way home. She was going to get her oil changed in preparation for a drive up the coast today. She said the sky was clear and it was really nice. Said she could see Mt. Rainier. I have a picture in my mind of that Mountain and every time we talk I see it.

More later God willing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad! I am really enjoying your blog. Have a great weekend! Love ya
Whit

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Yeah, we really need to "Stop and smell the roses!"Theres not time for anything.
Kinda makes you wonder if He's speeded up the days for the elect's sake...
Mat 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Keep on bloggin!