Friday, February 17, 2006

Worms

We are so funny. Us little worms. Stirring around, debating this debating that. We think and plan and act out our plans. We feel so smug when our plan comes together or we feel so miserable when it doesn't. We act as if we are in control. We are quick to take credit for the good things and seek to blame someone or something for the bad.
I love the Lord. But if I am honest I love myself more. I wonder to what degree I can love Him when my love for self is so strong. I cant change me, I hope He will. I think He will. He changed the leper. He healed the man at the pool. He made the blind to see and he can change me.
I like the new testament Romans. Paul really reassures me when he too struggles with sin. 7:15 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not: but what I hate that do I." Paul, I can relate.
Chapter 8 is great when verse 28thru31 explains,"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did forknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Man, isn't that wonderful.
I know that he will change me in his time.
I have been able to get internet hooked up at my house in Gruver. I installed an antenna that connects me to the server at the feedyard. I will really enjoy it I think.
Well it is getting late. Time for this worm to turn in.
mlGw.

3 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

From 1 worm to another...you are so right, I think when something goes right we just thank the Lord and are such obedient little"christians" , but when things go bad we "fall apart" and try to figure out what went wrong, plainly the bible says ALL THINGS work together, that means good, bad and indifferent. We should look to Him in all situations, not just the good ones.
My , My how I've failed, I too pray to be more like HIM. O wretched men that we are...Who can deliver us from this body of death?
Thanks for sharing Bo!

Carol said...

Good post! And I agree.

Worms Praising Worms

Love ya Bunny!

eileen~ said...

Such truths! We can only begin to love Him because He first loved us and died 'while we were yet sinners'.

But we have confidence that "He who has begun a good work in us will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" and it is then that we will be finally changed to be like Him. Come quickly!